- Nonrefundable Premium: $25 annually
- Deductible: $50
- Maximum Coverage Per Year: $250
Fees without Insurance:
- Lost/Stolen or Unrepairable Cost: $250 per Chromebook
Coverage Time: One school year
Effective Date: First day of school. Payment must be received prior to or when the Chromebook is issued.
Expiration Date: The last day of school before summer vacation or the date a student leaves District 54
- Accidental Damage – liquid spills, drops, unintentional events
- Theft – claim requires a police report to be filed
- Fire – claim requires an official fire report from the investigating authority
- Electrical Surge
- Natural disaste
- Dishonest, fraudulent, intentional, criminal or negligent (not locked/stored in an unsecured manner, or location) use.
- Consumables (the USB charging cable and the case).
- Damage that does not affect the functionality of the Chromebook is not covered. This includes, but is not limited to, scratches, dents and broken ports/parts and port covers.
- “Jailbreaking” or otherwise voiding the manufacturer’s warranty by altering the software.
- District 54 is not liable for any loss, damage (including accidental, consequential or punitive damages) or expense caused directly or indirectly by the equipment.