Posted March 14th, 2015 by Mr. Truppa
Dear Addams Community:
After the coldest February on record, the weather this week has been a welcome change. We hope that everyone is able to get out and enjoy the warmer temperatures this weekend!
Here is the latest news…
The Addams Musical Production:
Come on out and see “The Little Mermaid Jr.” Show times are Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 1 p.m., 7 p.m. AND Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $5 general admission. They are being sold at the door. Join us UNDER THE SEA!!!!
8th grade Pictures:
8th graders were given proofs of their 8th grade pictures today. Please return all orders by next Friday, March 20th. Late orders will have to be sent directly to the picture company.
Please remind your child about the upcoming Addams spirit week. See the attached document. Spirit Week Flyer (3)
Schaumburg Parent University – April Classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs in April in the Rafferty Administration Center Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg. Both of these events are free and free child care is also available.
- Ask the Child Psychiatrist: Getting a handle on your parenting – 6:30 p.m. April 1. Dr. Michael Feld will incorporate real-life experiences and humor into his discussion of life, mental and behavioral health. This discussion is for parents only.
- Origami 101 – 6 p.m. April 9. Students in grades three through six are invited to learn how to create basic origami with their parents.
If you are interested in attending these events, please see the attached flyers. Schaumburg Parent University presents Ask the Child Psychiatrist – April 1 Schaumburg Parent University presents Origami 101 – April 9 For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu.
Attached you will find a flyer with more information about a summer tech camp that is being offered by our school district. 2015SchoolFlyerTechCamp
PTA News- STC Elementary Summer Scholarships:
Does your 7th grader attend a camp or enrichment program over the summer? The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs offers summer scholarships for students of District 54 who are currently in 1st through 7th grades.
- Scholarships will be awarded for the full cost of the program/camp up to $125.
- The parent/guardian must be a member of the PTA at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship by March 1, 2015.
- Applications must be turned in to the Addams Junior High office no later than Friday, March 20, 2015.
- See more details in the attached application and hard copies are available in the office. PTA scholarship application
- Questions? Contact Heather Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a way to continuously improve, District 54 has chosen to provide the optional 5Essentials parent survey. The parent survey is only 26 questions and the state estimates you can complete it in 10 minutes. The survey is available in English and Spanish.
If you have more than one child at a school, you should complete only one survey for that school. In addition, only one parent or guardian per household may participate in the survey. Parents with children enrolled in multiple schools may take the survey for each school. Schools are listed alphabetically by their full names.
If at least 20 percent of our parents complete this survey, a parent supplement will be generated. The parent data will not be reported on the State Report Card. Last year, when the number was 30 percent, none of our schools met this target. We are hoping to meet the target this year.
To take the parent survey, please visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/ between January 12 and March 20, 2015.
Jane Addams Junior High