Dear Addams community:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your partnership in the success of our students this year! And what a year it has been. Addams students maintained a “growth mindset” while excelling both inside and outside the classroom. We wish our graduates all the best as they continue to reach new heights in high school. As for our returning students, we look forward to them becoming role models as they show the new Crusaders how to “live above the line” while following the “eight keys to success” at Jane Addams next fall.
Some important dates to remember for the 2016-2017 school year are: Read the rest of this entry »
Dear Jane Addams Community:
Below you will find the math summer review packets to practice your mathematics skills over summer break. Completion of the review packets is voluntary, but highly suggested. To help differentiate by student need, the information is broken down by class that your child will be entering this fall:
· Math 710 Pre-algebra and Math 715 Accelerated Pre-algebra packet:
· Math 810 Algebra packet:
· Math 930 Accelerated Algebra packet part A and B:
· Math 830 Geometry (for those that completed Math 930 this past year and were recommended for Math 830):
The last day of school for 8th grade is Tuesday, May 31.
The last day of school for 7th grade is Wednesday, June 1.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
There will be no school on Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
Dear Addams Community,
These past two weeks, students completed the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessment in the areas of reading and mathematics. This assessment measures student growth over the course of the school year and is one of the data points we use to drive our instruction. Students are assessed three times during the year with growth goals established upon completion of the fall assessment. As we begin to analyze the data, we have been thrilled with the growth seen by our students!
We understand that this assessment is but one data point we use to assess the progress of our students and the success of our school. However, we can say we are truly proud of our students and recognize all of their teachers’ efforts in preparing our students for success. Individual student MAP results will be mailed home.
8th grade Dance
- The 8th grade dance will be held this Thursday, 5/26, from 6 – 8 pm.
- Tickets are $5 and will be on sale this week during lunches.
- Students must have no missing assignments and meet set behavioral expectations to participate.
End of the Year Expectations:
- Please read the Board Policy regarding student assignments and participation in graduation. “In order for eighth (8th) grade students to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, all academic assignments must be completed by the student and received by the teacher by May 27th. Advance notice of this guideline shall be provided to all eighth (8th) grade students and their parents/guardians.”
- Please note the date of graduation is May 31st at Schaumburg High School at 8:30 p.m.
- If you know your 8th graders will not be attending our graduation ceremony on May 31st, please call the main office at 847-357-5900 to let us know.
- In addition, missing assignments, missing textbook/books and student behavior account for student participation in both 7th and 8th grade end of year activities.
Wow! 7th Grade Language Arts students worked hard all week to reach their MAP Goals. We can’t wait to see if we reach our 90/90 goal and can have a whole school celebration next week!