News from Addams- May 15, 2020
Dear Addams community,
Although we wish it were under different circumstances, it has been so great to see many of our students and parents this week during the locker cleanout process. Thank you to everyone for coming prepared. It has made the process seamless. This coming Monday is the last day to get into the building for locker cleanout. If you are already on the schedule for Monday, we will see you then! For those that did not make it yet, you may just show up at any time Monday between 7:30 am and 3 pm. Since the majority of families have already come through, we are not worried about exceeding social distancing requirements. Remember, however, you must wear a mask to enter the building.
Next, we would like to thank all the staff members and families that took part this week in our walk for a cause. If you have not yet participated, it is not too late. Click here to add your photo to our Padlet. In addition, we broadcasted our last Virtual Pep Assembly of the year today. Please click here to see Mr. Musselman, Mrs. Hernandez and me as we attempted a one-minute challenge and to watch as the PE Dept. gave out Movement Awards to worthy students.
Finally, as we enter the last six days of v-learning, continue to reach out to let us know how we can support. We know this is not easy, but our staff and students continue to amaze! Personally, when I get down, I think of their herculean efforts to lift my spirits right back up.
Have a great weekend!
Chris Bingen Bill Musselman
Principal Assistant Principal
Please read on for additional details and information from District 54 and Addams.
- May 18 – Last day for Locker Cleanout. Anyone that missed his or her time is welcome on Monday.
- May 18 – No virtual learning
- May 22 – Addams Virtual Talent Show
- May 25 – No School Memorial Day
- May 27 – Last Day of student virtual learning
- May 27 – Virtual graduation video broadcast at 7 pm
- May 28 – 8th grade drop off of Chromebook, pick up of diploma, yearbook and other items (drive through model)
- May 29 – 7th grade pick up of yearbook
8th grade end-of-year information
Chromebook drop off and pick up of diploma and other items
May 28 – 8th graders will pick up 8th grade t-shirts, gift from the PTA, graduation pictures (if ordered), yearbooks (if ordered) and projects from classes. Drop off musical instruments and Chromebooks. In addition, 8th graders will receive diplomas.
- 8th graders last names A-L – 7:30 am to 11 am
- 8th graders last names M–Z – 12 pm to 3 pm
7th grade end-of-year information
May 29 – 7th graders who ordered a yearbook can pick it up at Addams. Additionally, they can drop off any materials that were still left at home. 7th graders will not turn in Chromebooks. 7th graders should keep Chromebooks, chargers and musical instruments at home for the summer.
- 7th graders last names A-L – 8 am to 10:00 am on 5/29
- 7th graders last names M-Z 10:30 to 12:30 pm on 5/29
- Students will continue to conduct V-Learning through the D54 V-Learning Website. The website also contains a parent guide, a student guide and frequently asked questions.
- Junior high V-Learning classes will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Since these classes are virtual and we understand that this schedule may not work for some families, students have the flexibility to complete tasks at any time. However, students participating during these V-Learning times will be able to interact in real time with their teachers.
Our Technology Department has been working to support students and staff as we all learn and work remotely. We understand that some families are experiencing slow speeds or problems with their providers, and we ask you to report that directly to your provider.
People experiencing problems with District 54 technology (Chromebooks and iPads for students) should email email@example.com so that we can troubleshoot the problem via phone or email. If the problem cannot be resolved, we now have a technology drop-off program. To schedule an appointment to drop off a broken laptop, iPad or other device, you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our district office is closed, so do not stop by without an appointment. By making an appointment, we can abide by the rules of social distancing and ensure we have a replacement device ready for you when you arrive.
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Log in in to the parent portal, and update your information for next year by June 1, 2020. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your children will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please contact your school office and let them know.
If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the parent portal website. If you have never created a portal account, please email email@example.com to create one.
All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you do not have a portal account, you can also email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about transportation and the consumable materials fee will be communicated at a later time.